No. 432 (Leaside) Squadron, Royal Canadian Air Force, was formed in England as part of No. 6 (R.C.A.F.) Group, Bomber Command, on May 1, 1943. Initially based at Skipton-on-Swale, the unit relocated to the East Moor Air Station, Yorkshire, in September of 1943, where it remained until it was disbanded in May of 1945.
The collection’s single photograph is of the members of the 432 Squadron assembled on and around one of their Handley Page Halifax B.Mk.III bombers, taken in May of 1944. It was donated as a “orphaned” photograph, provenance unknown.
No. 432 Squadron information on the website of the Royal Canadian Air Force Association.